Thursday, October 1, 2015

“It’s so quiet.”
“It’s the deep breath before the plunge.”
Yet another Oscar worthy quote from J.R.R Tolkien and Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings series. This scene, this visualization, has become near and dear to my heart over the last few days. In this moment, a battle is about to ensue and everyone with any sort of brain knows it. But in the moments leading up to the struggles and challenges, the fighting and conquering, all is still.
All is quiet.
My life leading up to this moment has mostly been just that, quiet.  I have had my fair share of ups and downs, hills and valleys. But overall, for the most part, my participation in life has been quiet.
But now here I am, days away from moving to the other side of the world, moments from leaving behind every bit of comfort that I have, and I know that the plunge is coming.
And I cannot wait! 
The adventure has been ongoing since I was a kid. It’s inception came from my parental units.  It has always been the plan that when we kids graduate high school, we go somewhere across the globe and serve for a semester. So that's what I am doing.
I’m off.
Headed to the seemingly mythical land of Kenya. Headed into the absolute unknown, with the only Absolute watching my every stepI am journeying to Mombassa in the hopes of finding clarity in Christ. Sure, it sounds crazy, and it probably is. But it’s my crazy. 
Jumping back into our Tolkien story, Pippin says these words.

“I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can’t escape, is even worse.”
I can’t, I won't, escape the coming battles and that’s why my nerves seem to be a bit unsettled. But I’ve decided to hold steadfast in the truth---that the battle I'm fighting has already been won. The challenges I will face living in Mombassa have already been conquered. I can rest easy knowing that the outcome, no matter the circumstances, will never ever change. So that’s why I am leaving my state. That's why I am leaving my home, my family, my friends. Because even though I feel the deep breath before the plunge, I know Who is catching me when I jump. What faces me next is unknown. But what is known, is what is to come.
The chance to watch and see God’s hand move in my life, and the lives of all those that I will meet in Kenya. 

There are many more adventures and stories that lie ahead. Thank you for being a part of My Ongoing Inception.

No comments:

Post a Comment